- 1 tablespoon Vegetable Oil
- 1 can Coconut Cream
- 2 tablespoons Yellow Curry Paste
- 1 kg Boston Bay Live Mussels
- 1 tablespoon Palm Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Fish Sauce coriander or Thai Basil leaves, to garnish
Heat oil in a wok, add the thick cream off the top of the coconut cream. Add curry paste and simmer gently for 3 minutes until fragrant. Add rest of coconut cream, fish sauce and palm sugar. (Add some water or stock if you require a saucier dish) Add mussels, cover and let simmer until mussels have cooked and open. Serve with steamed jasmine rice, garnish with coriander or thai basil. Enjoy.
- An oven friendly pan
- A dollop of butter
- A splash of olive oil (The butter is for flavour and the oil is for heat)
- A lemon
- Sea Salt and Ground Pepper
- Some nice fillets of King Threadfin
Pre heat oven to 200. Heat oil and butter in pan until foaming. Sear fillets until you get a nice brown caramelization (2 mins each side). During this process give them a good squeeze of lemon and season with salt and pepper, leave lemon wedges in pan. Finish off in oven until fish is cooked, time will depend on thickness of fillet. When serving use the roasted lemon pieces for a burst of citrus flavour. Enjoy with your favourite vegies or salad.